Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Sunny Citruses (Lemon Oil)



Images from Flickr Creative Commons: Commercial Use Permitted

The Sunny Citruses (Lemon Oil)

Finishing out the summer with our focus on citrus oils, I thought I would focus on all things lemon in this edition. I use lemon all the time... both IN me and AROUND me!  :)

Cold pressed from the nutrient dense rind of the fruit, lemon oil has earned its reputation as "the cleansing oil".  It basically de-gunks everything in your body and in your surroundings. It is also one of the least expensive oils you can purchase.  I go through one bottle a month. Here are a few of my favorite uses for this bright and beautiful oil: 
  • Drink a few drops in your water to:
    • balance blood pressure
    • encourage fat burning and weight loss
    • cleanse adipose tissue of petrochemicals stored there
    • reduce mucous production
    • relieve minor discomfort associated with too much stomach acid production 
    • cleanse your liver and gall bladder and
    • improve digestion
  • Household uses include: 
    • Run a few drops in your garbage disposer to deodorize 
    • Tap onto a barely damp cloth and deodorize a stainless steel garbage can 
    • De grease a gunky stove top
  • Diffuse to:
    • improve mental focus 
    • lift mood 
    • overcome addiction
In my book, any day we can accomplish any of these things while reducing the toxic load to our bodies is a good day, indeed.  So let's clean up our act by exploring the virtues of lemon essential oil! 



Happy Oiling! 
~Juli 

Questions about essential oils?  Let me help!   

Contact me here




Check out These Recipes to Try!








Exfoliating Face Scrub
1 Tbsp baking soda
3 drops fractionated coconut oil

Mix in palm of hands and scrub. Rinse thoroughly. Do this once a week in the winger months for soft, fresh skin.  Discontinue in summer months, as lemon oil will increase skin sensitivity to sunlight.  







Funky Garbage Disposal Remedy
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar


Add all ingredients to the disposal.  Allow to sit until foaming slows down.  Run the disposal and rinse thoroughly. 



DIY Scouring Cleanser
2 cups borax
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup kosher salt


Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until all is incorporated.Store in a large shaker bottle. To use, dampen surface and sprinkle powder over area you want to clean. Let sit for 15-30 minutes. For an extra cleansing boost, spray distilled vinegar on powder before wiping clean.  (I can usually find citric acid and borax at any health food store.  I get mine at Sprouts.)  



Questions about essential oils?  Let me help!   

Contact me here




No comments:

Post a Comment